Jamie in 29 seconds
I was born in Singapore and immigrated to Canada at the age of 12. Seeing snow fall from the sky for the first time is still one of the most magical experiences of my life and I’m currently still on a journey in discovering what it means to be Canadian, eh? Most of my family still live in Singapore & Malaysia and I go back to visit every few years.
My partner and I met in Film school. I placed a note on a receipt with my phone number and taped it to a drink he usually bought (I worked at the school cafe). He called me 3 days later which he told me was the “rule”. Fast forward 9 years, we now live in a little condo in Burnaby with our Chorkie and love spending our time hiking, camping, chillin’ at the beach and being outdoors. We dream to own land on the Sunshine Coast, Island or Interior one day.
As much as we try to keep a clean home like you see on Pinterest, it’s not the reality. One day our not-so-white-carpet will drive me insane and I’ll likely rip it out and replace it with hardwood. Who’s idea was it to install white carpets anyway? Call me weird but when I find the time, I think it’s relaxing walking to check the mail and ironing my laundry.
I have a weakness for ice cream, coffee & musicals and my dream is to be able to travel the world and learn more about different cultures. Bucket list countries are Kenya, India, Costa Rica and Iceland. I hope to be able to go skydiving in New Zealand, scuba diving with whales in Tonga and fill my left arm with a tattooed sleeve before I grow too afraid to do so. I’d love to be able to do another volunteer trip someday soon too!
- You’re down to earth and madly in love
- You love working with a super duper friendly, a little goofy and fun photographer
- You believe in candid moments, true connections & human emotion
- You value all the big moments and also everything in between
- You believe in tangible moments and want to create prints, albums & heirlooms to help preserve your family history
- You want a stress free day spent with your friends & family
- You don’t mind ninja-photo-taking around you in order to get the absolute best angles and emotions of the day
- You want to continue documenting not just your wedding but also your journey as a family
- You’re down for a beverage at a local hang out to chat about how we can work together to make your vision a reality and also talk about your favourite places to travel to, hiking and how cute our fur babies are
- You love simple and painless collection options
I like to see us as potential friends. If you like what you see and feel the same way, I’d love to chat over coffee, beer or perhaps you’d like to share what one of your favourites is! I’m always down to try new things. I’m here to capture life, not to judge. We’re all different which is what makes us great! Whether you’re from the same or different cultures, traditional or not so traditional, same or opposite sex, young or old, I’d love to work with you. Let’s make memories together!