It seemed like not long ago that I photographed Alexia & Max’s wedding. I was bawling my eyes out along with them during their ceremony. Fast forward 2 years and they welcomed their little girl to the world. She’s so adorbs!
Newborn photography doesn’t have to be stressful or demanding. These are the first moments that you as parents are figuring out what works and what doesn’t. It’s an incredibly special time for you to bond with your kiddo. They’re so incredibly cute you could just stare at them all day!
We spent the afternoon at home. Mom gave me a tour of Layla’s room and we got some rad photos of her in her crib. Of course, furbaby Sultan the cat wanted to join in and was so curious about the camera and his new little sister.
Tips for planning for your newborn session
- If you’re hoping for lots of sleepy baby photos, the 6-8 day window is usually the best time to book your photographer
- It’s best to start looking for your photographer ahead of time so that you can ensure they’ll be available the week after baby is born
- Layla was 2 weeks old here and still just as adorable so don’t fret if you miss the initial newborn window
- There are no rules for what is right or wrong during this session. Baby will do what baby does so we will work with what we have, the memories will be just as special
- If baby is fussy, a short feeding will ensure that baby pops back to sleep again
- If doing hair & makeup is your thing, don’t let me stop you. But know that you are beautiful just the way you are 🙂
- Furbabies are absolutely welcome to be a part of the photo session – we don’t want them to feel left out!!
- We will likely photograph in different spaces in your home such as your living room, baby room and your bedroom
- The best photos are ones of you both spending time with your new baby. Don’t worry about the camera and go about your day as you would if I wasn’t there. These photos are super special!
JMESHOOTS | RICHMOND WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
My name is Jamie Poh and I have 8 years experience in the industry and have shot over 100 weddings & family sessions. Expecting a baby? I’d love to help document the beginnings of your new addition!